ASN Events Pty Ltd and ASN Conferences Pty Ltd (“ASN”)
Conferences and meetings, do by their nature, demand the collection of personal and sensitive information and hence the new privacy legislation directly impacts on the operations of ASN and our clients, suppliers and other stakeholders.
The essential elements of ASN's policy are:
- Information is collected from data provided by the event participant and is only and solely used for the purpose for which it was collected
- Information is stored on a secure remote computer which is protected by password from use by anyone other than authorised ASN staff. All information processed is encrypted and the system is protected from external access by a firewall. No personal information is stored on any web-site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by ASN.
- ASN commits to only use sensitive information for the reason it was supplied. Credit card information is not stored as part of the event participant’s personal details.
- Information stored is not, under any circumstances, sold to or exchanged with any third party interest.
- Information is only passed to third party interest when specifically requested by the participant. Examples might typically be dietary requests being passed to caterers for the purpose of a function the participant is attending or credit card information to an accommodation provider for the purpose of securing their room booking.
If you have any concerns or require clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us.
P: 61 3 5983 2400
F: 61 3 5983 2223